Why a Dads Club?
The Gecko Dad Corps is Green Elementary School’s supportive group of volunteer fathers! Research has shown that children perform better on standardized intelligence tests, earn better grades, have more positive attitudes about school, and report higher self-esteem when dads (and moms!), or other positive role-models actively participate in their education. Plus, there are some pretty handy and cool dads at this school, and we should get to know each other a little better and build a strong community.
Gecko Dads Corp (GDC) Goals
- Enhance School Grounds and Fix/Build Stuff
- Sponsor/Support Fundraising Events
- Increase Number of Opportunities for Dads to be Involved
- Provide a Forum to Share Ideas
- Provide a Social Outlet for Fathers (Fancy for “guys night out”)